Thursday, December 6, 2007

Worth Four Grand More In 11 Days

Today I was supposed to get those movie star teeth.

The implant went as well as anything could go that involves drilling half-inch screws into one of your bones.

A bone near your brain.

So the six luscious crowns (white!) aren't going in easily. There's lots of "bite down again, hard" and inspection of jaw, contour, lines. My dear dentist drills and shaves to try to get everything to bite right, fit.

He's drilling a new crown and says, "Uh-oh."

And that's the end. The crown broke. And it broke because he was trying to drill it down because the bite was too high, because some guy in a lab in Chicago erroneously molded or plucked or pinched.

So now I have to wait until a week from Monday for the new set!

But in the meantime, I have pain. And, temporary fake teeth so nobody knows I live on the East Side!

No comments: