Monday, April 7, 2008

The Matron Need Never Blog Again

Because all of her readership --- that would mean you -- are now sated, pig-love-drunk, recovering slowly from that floor on the side of the bed, from this most guilty pleasure of all:

Jeannie Tate

The suburban soccer who interviews B-list celebrities in the back of her mini-van while running errands -- and supervising her junkie stepdaughter, who cannot be let alone for nanosecond, being a junkie and all that. There are the younger kids, the real celebs and the husband?

I'll let you enjoy that moment.

Each episode is just a few delicious addictive moments long.

No! It's not true. Jeannie is veteran actress Liz Cackowski. The Matron doesn't even care, it's that damn funny. Recommended by McSweeney's as the best next thing on the internet. You heard it here.

Really. It's better than Dooce and Her Bad Mother, combined, on their best days. Of course, the Derfwad Manor continues its command of the Planet. But if Jeannie wasn't fiction, she'd be giving Mrs. G. a run for her money.

Thanks, Emily!

5 comments:

Mrs. G. said...

Nothing comes up when I hit the link. I'll Google her. Some of my best relationships have been with fictional women.

Peter Hoh said...

Thanks for the tip. Jeannie is my new girlfriend.

And here are my fictional bros:

http://www.redstateupdate.com/

Jennifer S said...

She is hilarious.

Minnesota Matron said...

Thanks, Peter -- I'm going to immediately check that out. Mrs. G, hope you found Jeannie!

Anonymous said...

Oh great. All I need is yet another diversion in Cyberland to keep me ignoring children, dishes, laundry and that book I'm supposed to be working on...