Friday, August 28, 2009

Deft Parenting

Stryker: "When I grow up, I definitely want a family."

Matron: "That's great!"

Stryker: "Yup. I want a lot of kids -- as many as possible."

Matron: "Wow! That's cool."

Stryker: "That way I'll have a permanent donor bank. If I need a kidney or a lung or something when I get older. They'll love me so they'll give me body parts. Even if they don't love me, they'll feel obligated."

Matron: "That's why you want to have children?"

Stryker: "Sure. When I'm 75 and failing I can call one of them and say 'still got that liver?'"

He's going to marry somebody's daughter. Hide yours. She apologizes, in advance.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

And here I thought people had kids for selfish reasons.
Your son's brain is so evolved--I adore him!

Becky said...

Ha ha! I love the logic. It reminds me of how, when my brother was a little boy, he used to say that he wanted to marry "a midget woman," so that if they disagreed about where to go, he could "just pick her up and take her." Oh dear.

Hay said...

Lol, Stryker kills me....and Beckys comment was pretty darn funny too.

Suburban Correspondent said...

At least he plans ahead. That's a valuable skill.

MJ said...

Maybe Stryker should hook up with my N. She's indicated she wants 19 kids ~ that'll give him a good organ supply!

matgrif said...

You just can't make that stuff up - so funny!

Heather said...

Your kids kill me. Yet I can see my own kids saying similar things. Lord help us.

MidLifeMama said...

At one time in my life I was under the impression I would never have children, and I was okay with that. One of my then coworkers was horrified. "Who will take care of you in your old age" she inquired. I responded that I didn't think having children just to have care in my twilight years was a valid reason to have children. She said that is why she did it. I wonder how that will all work out in the end.

matronslittlebrother said...

Look at it this way - he's extrapolating from his own expectation of donating to you.

Irene said...

At least he's honest about his ambitions. He's quite a character, your son. He'll make an interesting father.

Karen said...

I have been telling my boys since birth they have to marry orphans ... I want to make sure I am the favorite Grandma!

Love his logic.

~annie said...

Yikes! One thing is for sure - he is his own person already. What a mind!

witchypoo said...

I'm pretty sure that boy is a master of yanking your chain.