Thursday, April 22, 2010

One Bad Thing After Another

The Matron really cannot always blog about her children and their lives because, well, the operative word is 'their.' Their lives, not hers.

But she will just say this: her poor little family is battling one major disappointment after another. Boom! One kid hit. Boom, crash, bang. Same kid hit more. Ping! Another kid hit. A third bites the dust with his/her own disappointment (and trust her, some of these are BIG) too.

Sigh. . . . what do you do, parents?

She's already dreading college and the Ivy League applications and, most likely, rejection letters.

Send her good juju, folks. Those creative juices are residing somewhere in the Bahamas, too. She is trying to buy a plane ticket for their return but no luck. Maybe all that volcanic ash in Iceland somehow floated into and clogged her own operating systems. . . .

10 comments:

Inside the Philosophy Factory said...

Hubby has had some disappointing news recently -- the only thing to do is to tell them that they are smart, kind and valuable -- even if nobody but their Mom sees it at the moment... at least, it worked for my 1L hubby, it should work for the K-12 set :).

Anonymous said...

Now I feel guilty for blogging about my son (a lot) lately. And another one is scheduled already for tomorrow. Blogging about our kids is a fine line to walk; it is THEIR lives, but our own lives are so very intertwined.
On the other hand, I have also blogged this week about running down poles at town hall and visiting an art museum (Okay, so that last one involved family, too.) There are a few memes out there than give you a few questions to answer/discuss... but perhaps that sounds more like work than fun?

I'm sorry you are being hit with big bummers on all sides. I'm bundling up some good juju to send you along with this comment.

*My word verification is: exinexup.
I'm trying to find some spiritual meaning to it... exhale... breathe in... exhale... look up...

smalltownme said...

I'm sending good juju right now? Feel it yet? I'll send it harder. Ooomph!

I hope things start to look up. It's hard when your loved ones are having tough times and you can't fix it.

*m* said...

Ugh. I prescribe lots of empathetic hugs. And chocolate. (For them AND for you.)

Wishing you all brighter days ahead, and soon.

Jenn @ Juggling Life said...

Good juju is my specialty.

When disappointment comes our way I try to keep in time that for every adult I know our times of greatest personal growth have been in times of adversity. When you think of it that way it makes it a little easier that you can't to do anything to smooth the path.

Anonymous said...

oh, I' m so sorry to hear this. All at once is hopefully a little equalizing, but still so demoralizing. Will work on sending good ju-ju your way to those sweet kids.

jenn said...

Sorry to hear about the bad juju and disappointments. I blog about my kids all the time, and they know I have a blog, yet miraculously have never asked to see it. I know someday they will and the freewheeling sarcasm express (at their expense, but with LOVE...mostly) will come to an abrupt end. Enjoying the hell out of it till then...

Karen Jensen said...

Good thoughts speeding their way to Mpls.

Glennis said...

Juju floating your way......

Anonymous said...

Well, supposedly there is no bad or good. Different religions have different ways of saying it, but the idea is to say yes to everything.