Yesterday, the Matron introduced Merrick to New York City. He was completely befuddled.
Merrick: "Is thewe a faiw somewhewe?"
He couldn't get over the body to body sidewalk flow. But the Matron was happy because he willingly (desperately) held his hand all day!
Yesterday was FAO Schwatz (Merrick: "Thewe is nothing to BUY hewe"), American Idiot on Broadway (for the big kids) and a night at the Waldorf-Astoria for everyone. Yes, she had a 'coupon' for the latter.
But in the midst of vacation-festivity and relaxation - the Matron goes to bed with night sweats.
* Two out of four classes require prep (reading, tests, syllabus, everything) for fall. Folks, it's a lot of work.
* New degree program at her college and guess what? She's THE department in the brand new Gender and Women Studies Department. Uh, and who's going to plan all that?
* Two new bosses: new Dean and college President
* OMIGOD. A book contract means you have to write a book. She has one. Must write book.
* After three callbacks, Scarlett did not get a part in the Children's Theater's holiday production. Hard.
* Stryker didn't get into the high school of his choice (lottery is how it's decided) and the Matron is examining all angles.
* Merrick can barely read.
This is how she spends her vacation, post-11 pm, nightly.